Fraunhofer USA Center Midwest– Laser Applications Division is looking for an Administrative Assistant to serve in a key role supporting day to day research and development operations at its Plymouth location.
The ideal candidate will be an active and engaged team member responsible for being the point person for greeting clients in person and on the phone, documenting meetings, and supporting the division with administrative duties related to ISO 9001:2015 quality management system, spare parts order management and other general office administrative tasks.
Major Job Responsibilities:
• Assist Division Manager with general administrative functions
• Buyer on ERP system (Deltek) - manage purchase order administration process
• Schedule customer visits and conference rooms
• Prepare for customer meetings and meet and greet customers on arrival
• Manage office supplies, printing of business cards and promotional items
• Arrange travel for division staff
• Plan and manage open house events and other promotional activities
• Process spare parts orders, issue order acknowledgements, and communicate delivery schedules to customers.
• Assist with order packaging and shipping to customers
• Communicate invoicing requirements to accounting department.
Quality Management Functions:
• Conduct ongoing administration tasks related to IS0 9001:2015 quality management system.
• Review documentation related to calibration of equipment, training records, nonconformance records and internal audit schedules.
• Help to arrange and facilitate ISO external surveillance audits
Requirements for this Position Include:
• Strong administrative and computer skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Experience working with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
• Purchase order processing / ERP system experience.
• Experience with spare part order processing, shipping and inventory management.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to follow-up before deadline.
• Excellent client service skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
• Constructive team player with passion for helping others
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Generous vacation package in addition to 3 personal days and 11 holidays
• Health and Dental insurance
• Life insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
• 401a employer contribution and 403b employee contribution plans
• Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Fraunhofer USA is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Upon request, Fraunhofer USA will make accessible to applicants its Affirmative Action, VEVERRA and Section 503 Plans.