Robotic Controls Engineer
Robotic Controls Engineer
Electrical Controls Engineer is needed to support integration of industrial lasers and process monitoring equipment with industrial robot systems with the following experience and skills:
- Design and build / wire interface controllers for robotic control of laser processes and process monitoring and safety sensors
- Design, implement, and document control systems for various types of automated laser processing equipment including robotic and CNC machines
- Experience working with robotic systems for laser or welding related Technology
- Familiarity with DeviceNet & Ethernet communications networks and installation and programming / mapping of these primarily for robot to laser communications and ancillary equipment
- Basic programming knowledge of industrial robots (Kuka / Fanuc / ABB etc)
- Create electrical controls schematics including wiring diagrams, panel layouts, push-button station layouts, safety circuits
- Conduct the electrical design, peripheral device programming, machine programming, electrical wiring, machine debug, power-up, and machine validation.
- Occasional travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment and final acceptance
- Familiarity with engineering standards, including the application of Safety circuits, Machine Safety and E stop circuits.
The ideal candidate will show initiative, possess organization skills and must be able to work independently and as part of a team depending on the specific project.
Candidate should possess good interpersonal skills as work will involve dealing directly with customers.
Knowledge and experience working with CAD software (Solidworks) and working from design drawings would also be desirable, as would experience working with control of arc welding and / or laser processes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with state of the art laser equipment on cutting edge technology projects across a wide range of industrial sectors working with a variety of industrial customers as well as on internal research and development projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferred focus in Electrical or Controls Engineering.
- Controls / System Integration: 2 years minimum
Fraunhofer USA is a world leading research and development organization and offers excellent work environment, salary and benefits package.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
Job location: Plymouth (near Detroit), Michigan.