Laser Applications Engineer
Fraunhofer USA is seeking a Laser Applications Engineer to work in state of the art laser research facility.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following experience:
• Developing laser welding, cutting, cladding, and additive manufacturing processes
• Robot and CNC machine programming
• Working with high power fiber, disk or diode lasers
• Setting up different processing heads / optical components
• Metallographic testing of weld specimens
• Technical presentation skills and report writing
• General welding technology experience
• Knowledge and experience working with CAD software and working from design drawings
Candidate should possess good interpersonal skills in order to work directly with customers.
The ideal candidate will also show initiative, possess organization skills and must be able to work independently and as part of a team depending on the specific project.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in engineering or related subject.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with laser welding or cladding technology.
• Experience preparing metallographic samples (cross sections).
• Experience working with robotic and CNC laser systems.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with state of the art laser equipment on cutting edge technology projects across a wide range of industrial sectors working with a variety of customers.
Fraunhofer is a world leading research and development organization and offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Fraunhofer USA is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Upon request, Fraunhofer USA will make accessible to applicants its Affirmative Action. VEVERRA and Section 503 Plans.