Laser Applications Engineer
Job title: Laser Applications Engineer
Location: Fraunhofer USA Center Midwest CMW, Plymouth, MI
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with state of the art laser equipment on cutting edge technology projects across a wide range of industrial sectors working with a variety of industrial customers.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials or related engineering or science field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with lasers for materials processing applications ideally with welding experience.
- Experience conducting detailed metallographic inspection and metallurgical analysis of weld joints including microhardness testing.
- Laser Process Development
- Robot (Kuka) and CNC machine programming
- Working with high power fiber, disk or diode lasers.
- Development of laser welding, cladding and additive manufacturing processes.
- Metallographic testing of weld specimens
- Technical presentation skills and technical report writing
- General welding technology experience
- Knowledge and experience working with CAD software and working from design drawings would also be desirable, as would experience with general welding process technology and metallurgical analysis of welds.
Candidate should possess good interpersonal skills as they will work directly with customers.
The ideal candidate will show initiative, possess organization skills and must be able to work independently and as part of a team depending on the specific project.
Fraunhofer is a world leading research and development organization and offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
To Apply please click HERE