9 November 2017
Position: Full time Staff Accountant
Location: Plymouth, MI
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting with applicable experience
The Headquarters Office of Fraunhofer USA, Inc., located in Plymouth, MI, is seeking to hire a full time Staff Accountant. This position provides the opportunity to gain or enhance your current accounting experience. You will work directly with the accounting team and manage responsibilities for multiple locations throughout the US. This position reports to the Treasurer.
· Process Accounts Payable: verify receipt, confirm charges, assign to applicable accounts, and review documents for conformity with corporate policies and procedures, including federal requirements where applicable
· Prepare check runs on a regular basis
· Provide assistance invoicing projects
· Assist in the preparation of corporate financial reporting
· Enter the annual budgets of multiple divisions into the accounting system and reconcile to the approved figures
· Prepare year end 1099s
· Acquire continuing education as needed to successfully complete your job tasks, including areas such as federal accounting requirements
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting with applicable experience
· Strong MS Office and Organizational skills
· Knowledge of Navision Accounting Software and Federal Acquisition Regulations preferred, but not required
· Ability and flexibility to perform a variety of job tasks
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation: Competitive compensation package includes health insurance, dental insurance, optical insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, defined contribution plan, and paid time off.
Fraunhofer USA, an independent research organization, is an affiliate of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.Its primary objective is the promotion of the technological competence of US manufacturing industry by fostering technological development and deployment.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.