Location: East Lansing, MI
The Fraunhofer Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies (CCD) located on campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, is seeking a highly motivated, reliable, and technically competent individual to join our team as Software Engineer.
We offer an exciting work environment in an interdisciplinary team where every individual matters greatly to the success of the company.
The business core hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with an average working week of 40 hours. This position will require some working time outside of the core business hours. This job position is for an entry level position which will require on-site work.
This is a salaried position offering benefits including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, life insurance and pension plan.
Applicants should be willing to start immediately and the position is based in East Lansing, MI.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT or related field
- Programming knowledge in SQL, C++, Visual Studio and Labview
- Understanding BUS communication (RS 232, RS 485)
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Database development in SQL
- Machine software development in Labview and Visual Studio
- Assisting employees with general IT related issues
- Maintaining a good working relationship with colleagues and contributing to a team effort
- Additional duties as assigned
About Fraunhofer USA, Inc.
Fraunhofer USA is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit membership-based organization. Its sole member, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, is Europe’s largest applied research and development organization.
Its primary objective is the promotion of the technological competence of US manufacturing industry by fostering technological development and deployment.
Fraunhofer USA operates five Research Centers. Each Research Center is partnered with at least one of the 72 Fraunhofer Institutes in Germany and with one major research university in the USA. Over 120 highly trained and qualified employees at our US Research Centers advance the fields of Molecular Biotechnology, Advanced Manufacturing, Sustainable Energy, Laser Technologies, Coatings and Diamond Electronics and Experimental Software Engineering.
Fraunhofer USA is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a federal contractor.