Diamond Technology Intern
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. located on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, is seeking highly motivated, reliable and technically competent individuals to join our engineering team as diamond technology interns.
This is a paid part-time position. Applicants should be willing to start training immediately and, if selected, may be given the option to continue the internship during the summer semesters. Scheduling is negotiable: we are very familiar with students’ class requirements. Interns may also get credit for their experience depending on the college’s curriculum requirements.
All undergraduate students and graduate students are encouraged to apply regardless of experience level: selected interns will be trained in the specifics of our diamond growth and processing technologies.
CVD Diamond Growth
- Preparation of samples and the growth chamber for diamond wafer deposition
- Pre- and Post-analysis of grown diamonds and reporting of results
- Material analysis of diamonds (UV/Vis spectroscopy, quantitative birefringence, etc.)
ML-driven Diamond Growth Prediction
- Uploading of in-situ recorded images of diamond growth stage
- Using interface ‘Labelbox’ to differentiate different areas of interest in the growth stage images
- Ability to work independently to solve unique problem sets
- Ability to work at least half day shifts (4+ hours) on-site
- Ability to work at least 12 hours per week
- Familiarity with materials characterization techniques
Fraunhofer USA is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a federal contractor.