Audio/Video Technical Event Manager and Audio Technician
We are seeking an audio and video Technical Event Manager to lead, plan and coordinate the technical construction and operation of trade show exhibits and the preparation, installation and maintenance of media systems for trade shows and events. This person will also oversee, install and maintain equipment in our studios and listening rooms and operate demonstrations at customer sites.
· Event Lead- manage and oversee deadlines and deliverables.
· Negotiate and manage vendors and contractors.
· Coordinate audio and video and other technical requirements with company “booth builder” exhibition contractors and convention service contractors (i.e. Freeman and GES). Order needed show services such as power, lighting, internet, and supervises contractors during show set-up and tear-down.
· Order, configure, test, ship, install, and operate audio, video, and related computer equipment for trade shows and other events.
· Oversee technical aspects, ensuring all equipment is working and supporting engineers and marketers on operation of new products and special demos.
· Receive, inventory and store equipment and materials after shows.
· Operation support with event orders, shipping management, and other duties as necessary
· Track compliance for equipment under carnet.
· Install and maintain equipment in studios and listening rooms.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts or Audio Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Must have experience in managing and coordinating, set-up and tear-down of large (40x40 feet) trade show exhibits in major venues such as LVCC or Javits.
· Must be able to handle the stress of a trade show environment as a technically responsible person and resolve problems in “live on the air” situations.
· Familiarity with using common industry audio equipment such as microphones, audio mixers, computer interfaces and speakers, as well as consumer equipment such as TVs, soundbars, audio/video receivers, and smart speakers to set up systems for shows and events.
· Ability to configure simple IP networks for shows and basic understanding of IP networking concepts such as subnets, routing, and setup of consumer-grade router/firewall and access points. Ability to do simple troubleshooting with ping and traceroute.
· Experience with simple production or post-production in Pro Tools, Neundo, or other DAW. Simple editing in Resolve or Premeire.
· Ability to use Linux, MacOS, or Windows command line for testing or configuration.
· Ability to do soldering of connectors and dressing of cables while building racks with 10-15 items of equipment.
· Experience with set up of professional systems with AES and MADI audio, word clock distribution, and SDI video. Experience with consumer media systems using HDMI or analog distribution.
· Experience with Sound and Video Troubleshooting for common artifacts or defects in audio and video quality issues.
· Must be able to drive a cargo van and lift 40 lbs to head height.
· Must have experience as a critical listener in blind listening tests
· Commercial photography or videography experience is helpful.
· Travel Required; Airline travel, including occasional overseas travel, is required. Non-technical work may be done remotely, but technical work will need to be done in our office near San Jose airport or at trade shows and events, typically 4-6 per year in Las Vegas or New York City.
· Will report directly to top management on a weekly basis. Must be capable of organizing and managing work independently and comfortable interfacing with sales force, executives, and scientists.
Salary Range $55,000-$75,000
Fraunhofer USA is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Upon request, Fraunhofer USA will make accessible to applicants its Affirmative Action. VEVERRA and Section 503 Plans.
Apply Here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1a8f1b01-427e-4096-ba08-b2f86b8a9082&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=445182&source=CC2&lang=en_US