Machine Design Engineer
Job title: Machine Design Engineer
Location: Fraunhofer USA Center for Manufacturing Innovation CMI
- Bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical, or related engineering discipline (Master’s preferred)
- 3 years’ relevant industry experience
The Fraunhofer USA Center for Manufacturing Innovation CMI, located in Boston, Massachusetts, provides engineering solutions to local and international companies. Working closely with our clients, we develop custom automation equipment for a variety of industries, including biotech/biomedical, consumer products, fiber optics/photonics, aerospace, and energy. As part of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe’s largest and most respected applied research organization, it is our primary objective to provide customers in the private and public sectors with world-class technology solutions.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated mechatronics engineer to play a key role in the design and development of sophisticated, high-precision automation equipment. The role will include everything from concept generation, feasibility testing, detailed design, assembly, process development, and troubleshooting. Hands-on engineers who enjoy a highly innovative, out of the box solution generating environment should apply.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical, or related engineering discipline (Master’s preferred)
• 3 years’ relevant industry experience
• Direct experience with design of computer controlled machinery
• Experience designing electromechanical systems, including knowledge of electronics and servo control
• Experience in developing MCU, computer, and/or PLC-controlled automation systems
• Talent for balancing many priorities to deliver on a fast-paced schedule
• Experience with CREO/Pro-E
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding compensation package, comprising a competitive salary and outstanding “European-like” benefits, including highly subsidized medical and dental coverage, as well as upwards of 10% annual pension contribution.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, and is a federal contractor.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be eligible work in the United States.