A position is open at Fraunhofer USA’s Center for Molecular Biotechnology (Fraunhofer CMB) for an experienced and highly motivated Research Associate Organic Chemist with expertise in organic (medicinal) chemistry, purification techniques and analysis of natural and synthetic compounds using mass spectroscopy (MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). Fraunhofer USA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of applied research. Fraunhofer CMB is located in the Delaware Technology Park nearby the University of Delaware and is focused on the development of therapeutics and prophylactics. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health coverage and other benefits.
Design, synthesis and purification of natural product analogues for lead identification and optimization.
Development of methods for the extraction and isolation of natural products produced by bacteria using liquid chromatography / mass spectrometry (LC/MS).
Analysis and characterization of natural and synthetic compounds using MS and NMR.
· Master's Degree or equivalent experience in synthetic or medicinal chemistry or a closely related field.
· Proficient in the use of instrumental chemical analysis methods such as NMR, LC-MS and ability to interpret data generated by these methods.
· Extensive experience in Flash chromatography and preparative HPLC.
· 3+ years of experience in chemical lead optimization leading to improved biological properties, stability, ADME and PK, preferentially in an industrial setting.
· Ability to complete tasks under tight deadlines and to work closely with a cross-functional team.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Fraunhofer USA is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
Apply through INDEED
Jerzy Karczewski jerzy.karczewski(at)fhcmb.org