Scientist- Vaccine Design & Formulation Development
A position is open for a Scientist to head a vaccine design and formulation development effort at the Fraunhofer USA Center for Molecular Biotechnology CMB.
- Head a group focused on the development of thermostable formulations for vaccines and therapeutics, including the development of new technologies and the advancement of specific product candidates, and assume responsibility for achieving long and short-term project and program milestones.
- Provide leadership for the group, including direction setting, decision making, delegation, motivation and mentoring, and in developing technical capabilities.
- Provide creative intellectual input into advancing the Center’s efforts on vaccine design and formulation development, including the design of protein targets, adjuvant design, and approaches to stabilize formulations.
- Lead grant writing efforts in the field of vaccine design and formulation development, and assist in other aspects of business development to secure grants and contracts in this field
- Survey and analyze the intellectual property landscape in the field of vaccine design and formulation development as it relates to the Center’s proposed activities.
- Take the lead on preparing project reports, presentations, publications, and patent applications in the field of vaccine design and formulation development.
- Participate in and provide input into the scientific leadership team at the Center.
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins, and standard protein analytical methods.
- Lipid biochemistry as it applies to adjuvant development. Stabilization of proteins in formulations.
- Drying technologies such as lyophilization and spray drying.
- Doctorate degree or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical formulations, biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or another relevant field.
- Solid understanding of molecular engineering, formulation development, protein biochemistry, protein analytical techniques, and lipid biochemistry.
- Track record of positive prior supervisory experience.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Highly self-motivated, and able to work in a diverse, fast-paced laboratory environment.
Fraunhofer CMB offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is a equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume referencing the position title: Scientist – Vaccine Design & Formulation Development, along with the names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Stephen.Streatfield (at) fhcmb.org
or mail to
9 innovation Way
Newark, DE 19711
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required work authorization: United States