A position is open for a Laboratory Technician to join Fraunhofer USA’s Center for Molecular Biotechnology.
The successful candidate will assist scientists to discover and characterize novel agents for prevention of bacterial infections. The primary responsibilities include lab maintenance, preparation of bacterial cultures, filtration, extraction, chemical solution preparation and routine microbiological/chemical testing. These responsibilities require:
· Understanding of basic microbiology and chemistry.
· Strong calculation skills.
· Understanding of basic chemistry laboratory techniques (pH, pipetting, handling general chemicals)
· Strong understanding of media preparation and chemical solution preparation.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Work independently while following established procedures.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
· Ensuring a safe laboratory environment
· Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment with confidence
· Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or Chemistry with 0-2 years of experience.
· Highly self-motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a group in a diverse, fast-paced lab environment.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.