Fraunhofer USA Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies
Location: East Lansing, MI
The Fraunhofer USA Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies CCD, located on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, is seeking a highly motivated, reliable and technically competent individual to join our engineering team as a Project Engineer for our Diamond Technologies Group.
This is a salaried position offering benefits including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, life insurance and pension plan. We offer an exciting work environment in an interdisciplinary and culturally diverse team where every individual matters greatly to the success of the company. The business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a minimum of 40 hours per week. This position will require some working time outside of the core business hours. Applicants should be willing to start immediately and must be authorized to legally work in the United States.
· Growth of diamond materials in clean laboratory environment
· Deposition of thin film materials
· Characterization of synthesized materials
· Diamond growth and thin film process development and optimization
· Internal documentation and reporting on project progress
· Working on national and international projects
· Additional duties as assigned
· B.Sc. in Material Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or a related discipline
· Practical experience in vacuum technology
· Practical experience in physical vapor deposition thin film deposition technology, such as magnetron sputtering
· Practical experience in diamond growth technology, such as chemical vapor deposition via hot filament and microwave plasma technology
· Material analytical techniques, such as ellipsometry, stress analysis, optical microscopy, XRD and SEM
· Working Experience in research laboratory environment
· Ability to work independently to solve unique problems
· Experience with quality standards such as ISO9001:2015
· Willingness to consider a long-term (3 year+) commitment
Fraunhofer USA is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and is a Federal Contractor.
To apply mail/e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Russel Zarras, Fraunhofer CCD, 1449 Engineering Research Complex, East Lansing, MI 48824